Plan and deliver effective learning
Examples of activities
- Using discussion forums, chat rooms and other social spaces to connect learners
- Including digital activities in learning/lesson plans
- Using multimedia and immersive technologies to create engaging learning experiences
- Encouraging use of learner’s devices where appropriate
- Recording good digital practice in teaching observations
- Storing lesson and lecture plans in digital formats
7.1 Digital content and resources
- I use a limited range of digital tools to convert existing materials and types of materials into digital formats.
- I manage and store the digital resources I use effectively.
- I use digital forms of resources and activities that enhance the learning experience.
- I make use of a wide range of different types of content creation tools.
- I find innovative ways to use existing or new tools and technologies to create learning objects.
- I use digital resources and content in creative ways to design and run learning experiences not otherwise possible.
7.2 Delivery (face to face)
- I use digital platforms and tools made available to me by my organisation to ensure engagement and interaction with and between learners in person.
- As well as organisational platforms and tools, I explore the use of appropriate, secure 3rd party digital tools that support teaching and learning
- I facilitate active and social learning in a variety of ways in order to stretch learners and improve outcomes.
- I use a wide range of organisational and/or appropriate, secure 3rd party digital tools that support teaching and learning
- I encourage co-creation with learners of active, innovative learning experiences.
7.3 Delivery (online)
- I can successfully facilitate synchronous and asynchronous learning activities in online learning environments.
(Synchronous means activities that are conducted “live” like an online webinar. Asynchronous means activities where people don’t have to carry it out at exactly the same time, like an online discussion forum)
- I use digital tools and platforms to design and deliver structured schemes of work and courses that successfully blend online activity with face to face learning.
- I demonstrate the ability to adapt my skills to facilitate learning in fully online and blended teaching contexts.
- I adhere to legal and professional standards for protecting intellectual property (IP) and copyright when picking media and resources for use in my job.
- I advocate for high and consistent standards of practice in IP with learners, colleagues and peers.
Leadership and management
Curriculum delivery and assessment
Enterprise systems and infrastructure