Value and promote diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion.
Examples of activities
- Using in-built features of systems like your VLE or Desktop apps that support accessibility
- Using technologies to create activities at different levels and speeds
- Using a diversity of digital media, not just text. Using videos, quizzes, games, infographics, animations etc
- Participation in online communities of practice with an accessibility focus.
- Taking part in training opportunities focusing on diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Showcasing of good practice in diversity, accessibility, and inclusion at local, national or international event.
- Publishing articles and guidance for nationally recognised websites and blogs on accessibility issues.
- I always consider accessibility issues when introducing new technologies and I make sure learners with limited digital access or skills are offered support.
- I show that I understand digital technologies can hinder or improve accessibility and I signpost and offer appropriate support.
- I source and provide digital content for learners with diverse needs (e.g. learners who use assistive technologies or adapted interfaces).
- I include learners with diverse needs when creating materials for digital environments.
- I coach others within the organisation on how to embed accessibility in digital practices.
- I actively engage with communities of practice and sector bodies with an accessibility focus in a way that moves my and the community’s practice forward.
2.2 Differentiation and equality
- I use a range of digital media in my teaching that support differentiation and personalisation to enable learners to learn in different ways.
- I ensure equal access to the digital technologies I use for all learners.
- I edit or adapt digital materials to suit my learners.
- I employ digital tools to create differentiated resources that meet the needs of my learners.
- I am creative in assessment, so learners have different ways to succeed.
- I coach others within the organisation on differentiation and equality in digital practices.
- I actively engage with online communities of practice and stakeholders with a differentiation and equality focus in a way that moves my and the community’s practice forward
2.3 Inclusivity and diversity
- When communicating or producing digital resources OR in my teaching practice, I use language and images that reflect diversity and inclusion practice.
- I consult and act on feedback from learners to ensure digital materials are inclusive.
- I create and share digital learning objects that reflect diversity and inclusion in my practice.
- I co-create digital materials with learners to minimise barriers to learning and encourage participation.
- To raise standards, I provide staff development opportunities to ensure the people I work with incorporate diversity and inclusion into their digital practices.
Leadership and management
Curriculum delivery and assessment
Widening participation and learner support