Maintain and update knowledge of my subject(s) and how best to teach and assess them
Examples of activities
- Committing to online CPD opportunities to deepen or renew your subject knowledge
- Collaborating with industry through participation in professional networks
- Digital recording any CPD events/conferences attended, reflecting on your learning in blogs or social media posts. Actively sharing your CPD learning with colleagues and the wider community.
5.1 Keeping my subject knowledge up to date
- I use reputable online resources to keep abreast of my subject and incorporate this knowledge into my teaching or practice.
- As well as digital resources, I develop my expertise in my subject area by participating in online relevant communities
- I play an active role in providing CPD on my subject to my peers by creating my own digital materials or sharing my own ideas and reflections.
- Where possible I contribute to the furthering of digital expertise within my subject outside of the learning environment.
5.2 Developing my practice as a teacher in a specialism
- I incorporate recent digital and technological changes in my specialism into teaching and learning where I can.
- I engage with subject colleagues within and beyond my organisation to enhance my specialist knowledge of how to use technology in learning delivery, and improve my practice in light of what I learn
- I use wide-ranging networks and subscriptions to enhance my understanding and use of technology in my subject specialism, including engaging with sector leaders, keeping up to date with the latest research, and participating in conferences and training
Employer and community engagement