Understand the importance of the Welsh culture and language as a bilingual nation
Examples of activities
- Use platform interface language options, transcription, closed captioning and translation tools
- Using online language learning platforms and apps like SSiW or Duolingo
- Making use of nationally provided digital tools, resources and communities to support practice e.g. Hwb, Professional Learning Passport, Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol’s Resource Portal
- Incorporating aspects of Welsh identity and language into online profiles and social media
- Be aware of and raise awareness of bilingual resource developments within your subject
- Using Professional Learning Passport platform and where relevant your social media profile to reflect ongoing CPD/skills
- I work to improve my Welsh language skills by using online learning resources and apps.
- I improve my use of the Welsh language through online collaboration
- I develop my own digital tools or online spaces to support myself and others to learn and use Welsh
3.2 Integrating Welsh language into learning environments
- I use and adapt bilingual digital learning resources to support the use of the Welsh language and enhance the learners’ experience
- I create new digital learning materials and experiences that extend and develop learners’ Welsh language skills and confidence.
- I support others to extend and improve their use of Welsh in digital learning experiences and to build their confidence.
- I promote and celebrate Welsh Culture and Identity in online communities with my learners and in my organisation.
- I promote and celebrate Welsh Culture and Identity in online communities with a regional or national focus.
- I promote and celebrate Welsh Culture and Identity in online communities with other nations in the UK and internationally
Leadership and management
Widening participation and learner support
Employer and community engagement