Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment
Examples of activities
- Supporting the development of learner’s online professional profile and presence
- Enabling learners to develop their own personal learning networks
- Designing digitally-enhanced forms of assessment that mirror or simulate the workplace experience
- Encouraging peer to peer assessment and feedback on digital activities or using digital collaboration tools.
9.1 Enabling and empowering learners
- I provide learners with the means to record their learning goals and progress using digital tools.
- I use digital tools to provide learners with timely and detailed feedback on their progress, enabling them to improve their learning outcomes.
- Based on the feedback I offer, I provide opportunities for learners to critically reflect on their own learning and progress, and to set their own targets.
9.2 Learners’ digital capabilities
- I help learners to make effective use of digital technology for their learning.
- I encourage learners to reflect on the strengths and limits of their own digital capabilities.
- I help learners to identify suitable strategies for further development and to apply their digital competence in new situations and contexts
- I work in partnership with learners to enable them to develop and apply their digital capabilities in creative and innovative ways or in unexpected contexts.
- I help learners use digital technology to solve real world problems.
9.3 Supporting learners’ employability
- Where appropriate I use industry-specific digital platforms and tools with learners to equip them for the workplace.
- I make use of employer requirements I’m provided with to incorporate workplace digital attributes into the student learner experience.
- I create learning experiences that support an effective transition from the world of learning to work.
- Where possible, I work in partnership with employers and learners to proactively identify and develop transferrable attributes and digital capabilities in the workplace.
- I contribute to the development of employability attributes within curriculum design and delivery.
- I support my organisation to build these into its policies and processes.
Leadership and management
Curriculum delivery and assessment
Employer and community engagement