Build positive and collaborative relationships
Examples of activities
- Participation in learner stakeholder groups and forums
- Publish articles and guidance for websites and blogs
- Engage with online communities of practice, employers and sector bodies with a digital focus
- Building staff/learner partnership schemes to develop digital support services
- Showcasing examples of good digital practice at events outside your organisations
8.1 Demonstrating leadership
- I take a lead managing projects and activities related to digitally enhanced learning when required.
- I find and take opportunities to help shape the use of digital technologies to support teaching and learning, to help improve strategic outcomes in my organisation.
- I play an active role in advocating for the use of digital technology to support learners both inside my institution and beyond.
- I actively encourage innovative approaches to using technology in teaching and learning
8.2 Working collaboratively with colleagues
- I work collaboratively with my team and other close colleagues to develop approaches in digital practice.
- I use understand social networking tools to build professional relationships.
- I find and take opportunities to work with others right across my organisation, not just my own team, to share ideas, learning and resources
- I adopt an open model of practice, sharing digital resources and ideas as well as contributing to and creating new communities of collaborators.
8.3 Working collaboratively with learners
- I act on formal and informal feedback from learners in shaping the way I use digital technology to support them.
- I create opportunities to listen to the learners’ voice in developing my own and my team’s digital practice and I make myself accountable for responding to it.
- I work in close partnership with learners, allowing them to take the lead where appropriate, in shaping the way my organisation and the sector use digital technologies.
Leadership and management
Employer and community engagement
Enterprise systems and infrastructure