Demonstrate commitment to learners, their learning, safety, and well-being.
Examples of activities
- Taking part in training opportunities focusing on online safety and wellbeing
- Developing or implementing the organisation’s online pastoral services for learners
- Observing and managing leaner interactions in organisation-provided online spaces
- Participation in learner stakeholder groups and forums
- Using and contributing to the organisation’s safeguarding policies
- Incorporating measures to protect learners’ mental health in planning social media-based learning activities
- Keeping up to date with your knowledge of data protection regulations
1.1 Enabling learners to learn
- I use digital platforms and tools to provide learners with opportunities to learn when and where it suits their needs.
- I provide learners with the support they need to use technology effectively
- I use digital platforms and tools to provide learners with experiences that stretch and challenge them to become a more effective at learning.
- I motivate and encourage learners to develop their own independent learning skills.
- I use digital platforms and tools to empower learners to shape their own approach to learning using digital tools.
- I include learners’ voice to co-create digital resources and experiences.
- I create effective guidance and support materials for students’ use of digital technologies
- I use my organisation’s policies and guidance to set clear expectations for positive learner behaviour in online spaces.
- Where I can, I model these behaviours.
- I work with learners and peers to deepen their understanding of positive online behaviour, and to take responsibility for their own conduct.
- I manage learning and behaviour to promote effective learning and use of a range of different approaches.
- I deal confidently and proportionately with learner behaviours, maintaining a rapport with individuals and groups, conducive to high quality engagement in a range of settings.
- I coach and mentor other practitioners to improve their own online safety practice with learners
1.3 Looking after learners’ data
- I ensure that data about or belonging to my learners is always kept secure and private, in line with GDPR requirements and organisational policies.
- I help my learners and peers to understand and follow data protection requirements to keep their own and other people’s data secure and private.
- I influence my organisation to continually improve its data collection and security where I can.
1.4 Protecting learners’ social, physical, and emotional wellbeing whilst using digital technologies
- I enable learners to use digital technologies and equipment in ways that supports their wellbeing.
- I inform learners about the positive and negative impact of technology on their wellbeing.
- I evaluate technologies for their potential impact on wellbeing and support learners in their use and incorporate this in my planning.
- I embed opportunities to discuss behaviours that support wellbeing in digital practice with my learners.
- I provide support to my peers and my organisation at a strategic level to find ways to improve the wellbeing of learners and to protect their social, physical, and emotional wellbeing.
Leadership and management
Curriculum delivery and assessment
Widening participation and learner support
Employer and community engagement
Enterprise systems and infrastructure